Memorial Day May 27, 2024: City offices will be closed on Monday, May 27, in Observance of Memorial Day.


How do I request a continuance?
The Court Clerk is allowed to grant one continuance. Attorneys must enter their appearance by faxing an "entry of appearance" to the court clerk and may be granted two plea docket continuances. If you need legal advice please contact a licensed Missouri attorney.
When is my court date?
Check your citation in the upper top left corner or please call (816) 640-2752 for specific court date information.  
How do I get a court appointed attorney?
If there is a likelihood of you being sentenced to jail time and you are financially unable to afford an attorney, you must complete a “Statement of Financial Condition”. The judge will determine if you are eligible.  
I've moved. What information do I need to give the Court Clerk?
It is the defendant's (your) responsibility to keep the Court Clerk informed of your correct address. You may mail the information to the Municipal Court 300 Main Street Weston, MO. 64098; or email to Any questions please call the court clerk at (816) 640-2752. 
What happens if I missed my court date?
Contact the Municipal Court as soon as possible to explain the situation. Failure to appear on your court date may result in a warrant being issues for your arrest.


What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept cash, cashier's checks, money orders & personal checks. **Please do not mail cash** 
Can I pay double to have a speeding ticket kept off my record?
No. You must contact a licensed Missouri attorney who will contact the City’s Prosecuting Attorney to discuss changing the ticket from a moving to a non-moving violation.
How do I pay for my ticket?
You may pay for your ticket using one of the following options;

  • * Mail In: By money order or cashier's check, personal or business checks.
  • * In Person: By cash, money order, cashier's check personal or business checks

between 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. 
When do I have to pay my ticket?
The due date is listed on the top left hand corner of your citation under court date. You may also call the court office Monday through Friday at (816) 640-2752 for the due date. 
What happens if I don't pay my ticket on time?
A summons will be mailed inviting you to the next court date. If you fail to appear at the next court date a second summons will be mailed. If you fail to appear a third time a warrant will be issued for your arrest. Drivers from out-of-state will be suspended after notice allowing for 15 extra days to pay. 

Ordinance Violations

I received a Citation for an Ordinance Violation, do I have to appear in court?
Yes, all ordinance violation citations require that you appear in court on the date indicated on the citation.


I received a Traffic Citation do I have to appear in court?
You must appear in court if you were involved in an accident or for the following offences:
  • Speeding (25 miles or more over limit)
  • Careless & Imprudent Driving (C&I)
  • Driving While Intoxicated (DWI or DUI)
  • Driving While Under Suspension or Revocation (DWS/DWR)
  • Leaving Scene of Accident
  • Failure to Provide Proof of Financial Responsibility (no proof of insurance)
  • Other Traffic Offenses
  • Animal Code Violations
  • Other Municipal Code Violations
How do I get my driver's license re-instated?
You need to call Missouri Department of Revenue at (573) 751-4475
What is the seat belt law in Missouri?
The City of Weston is one of 50 City's & Counties in the State that has a Primary Seatbelt Law.  
What is the Child Safety Seat law in Missouri?
To see the State Law on Child Safety Seats please go to this website
What is the law on Mopeds (scooters) in the City?
Mopeds, Scooters, Motorized Bicycles are allowed to be operated on the City Streets & Highways. *You must have a valid driver’s license and obey all traffic laws. We also recommend you wear an approved motorcycle helmet. For further information please visit 
Can I ride my 4-Wheeler in the City?
Basically No, 4-Wheelers are not allowed to be operated on the City Streets or Highways of this City. *However there are some exceptions to the Ordinance. For further information please click
Can I ride my Gator or Utility vehicle in the City?
No, Utility vehicles also know as Gators are not allowed to be operated on the City Streets or Highways of this City. For further information please click veh-city.pdf 
Can I ride my Golf Cart on the City Streets?
No, Golf Carts are not allowed to be operated on the City Streets or Highways of this City. For further information on the State Statue please click
I was charged with No Insurance/Failure to Provide Proof of Insurance, but I have insurance, what do I do?
Be prepared to submit the proof of insurance in court on the date listed on your ticket.
I was charged with No Valid License but I have a valid license, what do I do?
Be prepared to submit proof that you had a valid license at the time of the citation during your court appearance.